05 February 2007

oh, pure heart

I have been told I am pure of heart,
and that I must protect myself from bad energy that can easily penetrate it

I've experienced this bad energy in many forms. Well meaning loved ones who sap the energy and love and hope out of me. Men who want nothing but my body. Playing the game of life and not following the rules because those I am playing against shall surely win if I do not. Going against my inner intuition and dealing with the consequences.

I have seen scientific evidence of what happens to your body when your are harmed too many times, when you release too many feelings of being afraid, attacked, hurt, lost without a drop of hope left in a vast expanse of endless sand.

It's a very hard thing living a life with an easily penetrable pure heart.
It's like huddling under a tree in the woods, stark and exposed and cold, surrounded by a pack of wolves that haven't eaten in months. How does one arm themselves? How does one protect themselves so they are not eaten alive?

Has the damage been done? Is it irreversible? Has it been too many years and too many hurts? Am I beyond help to the cellular level?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way the writing in this poem is focused. There is much pain yet the writer remains detached. There is also a metaphor and simile being explored. Metaphorical language is a good way to convey feelings, sometimes a reader responds more to the metaphor because it is visceral and experiential. I can see the writer's stark terror being surrounded by a pack of hungry wolves.

Post a Comment