17 August 2006

omitted manifestations of transient yearning

through the guarded mist
a lofty tower
soaringly tall and erect standing dumbly
mute in the fog
it waits silently

limp and hollow as a soddenly bedraggled log
that lies alone in a creek bed
moving only for chilling frigid water, rushing water flowing right on by
yet creating motion liquid mushy motion shoving
lapping lazily or perhaps hastily licking the intricate edges of the organic bark
an insatiable thirst, no end in sight
gripping its mass, heaving it two and frow
where will it end up?
oblivion.
a riddle for only nature to solve.

on so many occasions,
i roamed the disturbed creek bed at night
past this lonely tower
captivation ensues, growing until it is swollen and ready to burst
i long to gorge this deceptive, filthy void.
the ghastly tower casts a shadow that carries an aura of mystery across the brandished sand,
shattered mainly by slippery pebbles and naughty wood branches that have seen better days

unquenchable wanderlust as my only companion
i am always searching with an obsessed, obstinate compulsion:
driving and drawing me here to fulfill this barren part of my SELF,
the unfortunate infaliable part i wish was not a portion of my composition.

and with each crest of the moon
on each of these disintegrated, arrogant evenings
what i pursue varies with every tiresome journey,
changing enormously each time my feet caress the jagged shores.
for each and every time,
a new craving walks by my side
an unwanted guest, that just won't get the hint...
shredding my feet like a paper kite being flown amidst a tornado

one enchanted evening
when the moon is full
and my heart can not bear the journey any longer, yearning for fullfillment to the point of complete insanity,
painfully swollen by unfulfilled hopes and dreams
finally unable to resist sucoming to the suductive woes of peace
i shall mount the elusive tower
ascend to conquer the greatness it has been imposing upon me,
savoring every last morsel that is the view,
grasping righteousness what it has been dangling in front of my face,
happily and unabashadly teasing me with all along...
the glaringly vast expanse from the greatest of heights
the answer to the questions about my questions questions
and i shall search, no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment